AP published their interview with Nikon. Her is a quick recap:
- If we include IBIS in the Z50 we’d have to sacrifice size and form factor.
- Our strategy is to run both systems (DSLR & Mirrorless) alongside each other.
- Nikon is focusing closely on mid to high-end Z product development.
- Mirrorless isn’t going to be for everybody. Not everyone likes EVF’s, a lot of people really still like using optical viewfinders. Some people very much like the feel, weight and button sizes on a DSLR. Our strategy is all about giving the best of both worlds, so if users want great DSLRs they can go down that route, or if they want great mirrorless cameras they can go down that route as well. We expect to be investing in DSLR and mirrorless for the future.
The post Nikon interview with AP: “Mirrorless isn’t going to be for everybody”, “we’re focusing closely on mid to high-end product development” appeared first on Nikon Rumors.
- Another interesting interview with a Nikon executive on the new Z mirrorless system
- Interview with Nikon at the CP+ show: 100 MP full frame sensor, mirrorless, IBIS, innovation
- Second part interview with Nikon on the Z mirrorless