The upcoming Leica 2416 camera has now also been registered with the Taiwan NCC agency – the new 2416 model will be equipped with Wi-Fi (5GHz/2.4GHz), Bluetooth, it will have a new battery BP-SCL7 and a new charger BC-SCL7:
Here is a picture of the new Leica BP-SCL7 battery:
The Leica 2416 camera will also be compatible with an external EVF “Visoflex 2”.
If you remember the rumored Leica M11 details from my post back in June:
- The Leica M11 will not have a baseplate (setup like the Leica Q2)
- The official announcement is still expected on 11/11/2021 (the M9 was announced on 09/09/2009)
- A new rumor suggested that the Leica M11 sensor will have a variable resolution in RAW (50MP/36MP/15MP)
- The Leica M11 will support USB-C
- No IBIS
- A new Visoflex will be announced that will work also with the current M10 models
Two of the above-rumored details are already confirmed by Nokishita: a new Visioflex 2 EVF and a new battery that is clearly designed for a camera without a baseplate (like the Leica Q/Q2 and SL/SL2 series).
At that point, I think it is pretty clear that the upcoming model 2416 will be the rumored Leica M11. Stay tuned for more. If you have any additional information on the rumored Leica M11 camera, you can contact me anonymously here. Thanks!
The post The Leica M11 camera (model 2416) is getting closer to an announcement appeared first on Leica Rumors.
- New Leica camera 2416 registered in Indonesia
- Leica’s not yet released 2416 camera has passed Bluetooth certification
- Leica registered a new BP-SCL7 battery in Russia