Nikon was supposed to release several new Nikkor Z lenses in April, but the announcement was postponed. I received multiple tips describing the same story: Nikon is now concentrated mainly on the Z9 – they want to beat Canon and release their pro camera first (the Nikon Z9 was announced on March 9, the Canon R3 was announced on April 14).
Here are the rumored Nikkor Z lenses that should be announced next:
- Nikon NIKKOR Z 105mm Micro S lens
- Nikon NIKKOR Z 100-400mm S and/or Nikon NIKKOR Z 200-600mm
- One or two new APS-C mirrorless lenses to go together with the rumored Nikon APS-C mirrorless camera
Some of the above lenses were initially supposed to be released last year.
In recent interviews from February/March 2021, Nikon executives claimed:
- “We plan to release many new products this year”
- “At least 12 new lenses planned for the next 12 months“
It is already May 2021 and so far Nikon has not released a single new product this year (see Nikon press releases here). I will stop here because what I want to say next is not going to be nice. I have been repeating this for years: Sony will not destroy Nikon, Nikon will destroy themselves. I am obviously a big Nikon fanboy, but some things just do not make any sense. I hope I am wrong.
If you have any positive news on the upcoming Nikkor lenses, please contact me anonymously here. Thanks!
Graphics: Broxibear (thanks!)
The post Nikon is asleep again appeared first on Nikon Rumors.
- Nikon’s CFO: at least 12 new lenses planned for the next 12 months
- Top 10 NikonRumors posts for March 2021
- Nikon 2021 CP+ presentation on February 26th