A reader sent me an old issue of the LHSA newsletter from 1968, and yes - they also had Leica rumors back in 1968:
- 1968 Photokina: "Lufthansa has a 15 day tour for only $338 including 1000 Km of driving in a VW1300"
- Leica rumors from 1968: "Our rumor for this issue is a new take up spool like M4 spool will be soon released for all M series Leicas. It will permit the same type of loading M4 features. This will be a most welcome accessory."
- Gold Leicas: "Alfredo's Camera Shop in New Orleans is gold plating M4s for sale by Neiman-Marcus in Dallas."
- 90mm f/1.0 lens in 1968: "E. Leitz, Midland has shown a 90mm f/1.0 lens"
Here is the scan (click for larger view)
The post Interesting: back in 1968 LHSA reported Leica rumors in their newsletter appeared first on Leica Rumors.
- New firmware for all Leica M cameras released, new Summilux-M 90mm f/1.5 ASPH lens rumors
- Leica Rumors recap: new Noctilux lens and TL camera
- Leica rumors